The Governing Body of Lady Bankes Schools
I am delighted to welcome you to the Governors’ section of the Lady Bankes Junior School website.
Lady Bankes Infant and Nursery School and Lady Bankes Junior School have a federated governing body, which means the two schools have formally agreed to work together overseen by a single governing body. However, they remain as separate schools with their own identities. They are inspected separately by Ofsted and report separate results at the end of each key stage of your children’s education.
As governors, we are responsible for:
- ensuring the clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the schools;
- holding the Headteachers to account for the performance of the schools and their pupils; and
- overseeing the financial performance of the schools.
Simply put, we want to ensure that all our children achieve the best they can and that money is well spent in making this happen.
Our vision for both schools is that they are an ‘outstanding place to learn’ and staff and governors are all extremely committed and passionate in their drive to make this happen. We are also united in our belief that a good relationship between school and home is vital, enhancing a child’s confidence and assisting in their development. We rely on the support and involvement of all our parents and carers and endeavour to forge relationships that do not end at the school gate.
Our governing body consists of 18 members and is made up of Parent Governors, Local Authority Governors, Staff Governors, Co-opted Governors. We also currently have 4 Associate Governors. This ensures that we have sufficient diversity of views and experience to be both a supportive and questioning friend.
The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term but most of our work is done in the following committees.
- Curriculum and Community Committee which meets every term (Chair to be elected at first meeting in November)
- Data & Assessment Committee which meets at least once every term (chaired by Paul Wray)
- Finance & Personnel Committee which meets every half term (chaired by Jo Coxwell)
- Premises, Health and Safety which meets twice a year (Chair to be confirmed at first meeting in February)
Governors with named responsibilities (see below for a full list) report to the appropriate committee. In turn, the committees then report to the full governing body, which has overall responsibility for the governance of both schools.
For more details on the work and responsibilities of our different committees please click on the document below.
Governors attend most school events and are always happy to chat to parents. Alternatively, if you have questions or feedback, then you can contact me through either school office. Please do note though, that if you have any specific issues regarding individual pupils or members of staff, these should be raised with the appropriate Head Teacher in the first instance.
Dr Charlotte Moore
Chair of Governors